A new flagship project is implemented by SolarWay. It concerns the installation of a photovoltaic plant with a power of 74.58 kW of virtual energy compensation at the 10th Primary School of Kalamata, on behalf of the Municipality of Kalamata.
This project is expected to produce around 120,000 kWh. With the energy produced by the photovoltaics, the 10th Primary school itself will be powered (it consumes about 17,000 kWh per year), as well as a number of Kindergartens of the Municipality.
On the roof of the 10th Primary School, it has a power of 74.58 kW and 113 photovoltaic panels with a power of 660 W have been installed, which are actually bifacial, i.e. they utilize the reflected solar radiation on their back surface. It also has two power inverters of 60 and 15 kW.
This project is emblematic in the sense that it is the first step of the Municipality in the field of photovoltaics. It is noted that in the Municipality of Kalamata there are already three solar self-consumption systems operating in schools: One in the Special Primary School of Kalamata, which was installed by SolarWay and financed by donor resources, and the other two had a photovoltaic system installed of their own construction (Kalamata Music School).
The project in the 10th Primary School is the first related project in schools that the Municipality is starting with a goal:
- The reduction of pollution of the atmospheric environment, the improvement of the quality of life of the population and the treatment of climate change by the implementation of energy saving projects and the utilization of Renewable Energy Sources.
- Saving Electricity
- Reducing the intensity of the energy consumption of the SCHOOL COMMITTEE OF PRIMARY EDUCATION UNITS OF THE MUNICIPALITY OF KALAMATA, which is a public body with high energy costs
- Reducing air pollution by reducing emissions of gases that cause climate change
- Reduction of operating costs of the SCHOOL COMMITTEE OF PRIMARY EDUCATION UNITS OF THE MUNICIPALITY OF KALAMATA
- Energy upgrade of the structures of the SCHOOL COMMITTEE OF PRIMARY EDUCATION UNITS OF THE MUNICIPALITY OF KALAMATA